Timeless Eyeglasses is a young and active Manufacturer& Exporter company of optical eye glasses,
sunglasses, and wholesale reading glasses.
Titanium alloy is a new important structural material used in aerospace industry. At present, titanium alloy is also widely used in the production of glasses. Many friends do not know what is the difference between pure titanium eyeglasses and titanium alloy glasses, pure titanium eyeglasses and titanium alloy eyeglasses frame how to distinguish better. Here, Timeless Eyeglasses explains the difference between titanium and titanium alloy glasses frames.
1. Titanium alloy glasses frames are slightly heavier than pure titanium frames, but both of them are high-quality materials, so they feel more comfortable from the appearance.
2. Pure titanium frame in the process of welding, will not contact with oxygen in vacuum; titanium alloy glasses frame welding (called: spot welding), the weld marks like a "slope" shape, this is one of the most effective ways to distinguish between the two frames.
3. Pure titanium eyeglasses are framed in the hinge part, which will not directly contact with titanium; The titanium alloy glasses frame will directly contact titanium, easy to cause wrinkles at the joint, the lens leg has obvious tension is not smooth phenomenon.
4. Pure titanium proportion is generally 4.5, and titanium alloy is 8.9, the material equivalent to half of titanium alloy. So to make the frame with the hand weigh up relatively light, this is the most simple way to distinguish the two frames.
1. Touch weariness
Usually the specific gravity of the alloy frame is about 8.9g/cm3, the specific gravity of the pure titanium frame is 4.5g/cm3, because the weight of titanium material is equivalent to half of the alloy frame, it is relatively light by hand. This is one of the easiest ways to distinguish between titanium and non-titanium racks.
2. Hinge joint
The pure titanium lens frame should not be directly in contact with titanium at the hinge part, otherwise it is easy to wrinkle the joint and the lens leg is not open. Two thin spacers are usually inserted into the hinge of a pure titanium mirror to separate the upper and lower hinges.
Therefore, check the hinge has no gasket, is also a good way to identify whether it is pure titanium frame. Looking at the joint of the hinge from the inside of the frame, a small groove will be found, which is specially designed to facilitate the removal of the gasket.
3. The welding points
The welding of pure titanium material is oxygen-free touch welding, and the welding mark is "step" shape. The welding of alloy material is spot welding, and the weld mark is "slope" shape, which is one of the effective methods to distinguish the titanium frame and non-titanium frame, all titanium and non-all titanium frame.
4. Magnetic reaction
Loose the hinge of the frame as much as possible and attract it with a magnet in the free movement state. If the leg of the mirror shakes under the magnet attraction, it indicates that the frame is not pure titanium material; otherwise, it may be titanium frame.
Characteristics of titanium alloy glasses frame
1. Titanium alloy glasses frame has the advantages of small density, high strength, good mechanical properties and strong corrosion resistance. The frame is very light in texture and is not easily corroded by moisture.
2. But due to the poor performance of titanium alloy process, cutting is very difficult, so made of the frame to absorb hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon and other chemical impurities are more.
3. The wear resistance of titanium alloy is relatively poor, and the production process is more complex, so every time this material is used to make the frame, the cost is relatively high and the workmanship is more complex, so the price is much more expensive than the ordinary frame.
4. The frame made of titanium alloy has a much lower density than ordinary frame, so its firm performance is very strong, and it is not easy to fall off or damage the skin.
Properties of titanium alloy glasses
1. High strength
The density of titanium alloy is generally about 4.51g/ cm3, which is only 60% of steel. The density of pure titanium is close to that of ordinary steel. Some high strength titanium alloy exceeds the strength of many alloy structural steel.
Therefore, the specific strength (strength/density) of titanium alloy is much greater than that of other metal structural materials, which can produce parts with high unit strength, good rigidity and light weight. Aircraft engine components, skeleton, skin, fasteners and landing gear all use titanium alloy.
2. High thermal strength
The use temperature is a few hundred degrees higher than the aluminum alloy, can still maintain the required strength at medium temperature, can work for a long time at 450 ~ 500℃ temperature. These two kinds of titanium alloy in 150℃ ~ 500℃ range still have a very high specific strength, and aluminum alloy at 150℃ specific strength decreased significantly. The working temperature of titanium alloy can reach 500℃, while that of aluminum alloy is below 200℃.
3. Good corrosion resistance
The corrosion resistance of titanium alloy is much better than that of stainless steel in wet atmosphere and sea water. Pitting corrosion, acid corrosion, stress corrosion resistance is particularly strong; It has excellent corrosion resistance to alkali, chloride, chlorine organic products, nitric acid, sulfuric acid, etc. But the corrosion resistance of titanium to reducing oxygen and chromium medium is poor.
For more information about titanium alloy glasses frames, please contact Timeless Eyeglasses.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist